A migration certificate is a document provided by the School/College/University to students to get admissions into other institutions. The school or college officials are responsible for giving this important document along with necessary documents (like mark sheets, transfer certificates, character certificates, and more) to the students who need them to apply elsewhere without any objection.
Migration certificates allow students to transfer schools with ease, without the need for any additional forms or documents.
Suppose it is across state lines or even international borders! These migration certifications carry enough weight so that when they’re shown at new institutions, there will not likely be an objection from admissions officers on whether this person should enroll in classes here.
The education board from where students have completed their course must issue the migration and other necessary certificates. There are many different boards in India, such as CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), ICSE (International Council for Statutory Examination), and State Boards. All these boards provide documents related to courses that students have completed.
After completing their 10th and 12th standards, some students tend to change institutions to pursue another course. After finishing Class 10s, they usually try for diploma courses or apprenticeships, while some may take up a job as an apprentice instead of going on with education. On the other end of the spectrum are those who continue onto higher degrees like bachelor’s degree programs or master’s programs straight out from high school before entering into postgraduate studies such as doctorates/PhDs, etc.
The admissions process is not easy for any student looking to pursue higher education. The admission criteria are strict, and one must score the cut-off marks in Class 10th and 12th, have a transfer certificate and migration certificates; character certificates will also be required during this time.
To get an idea of what types of certificates are available, explore our blog post and see the information we provide. There you can find more about certificate requirements for academic purposes, professional purposes, or even transfer/migration documents that require a school’s principal signature to be valid!
How to Apply for a Migration Certificate?
The migration certificates are usually provided by the school or college authority on their premises. Students have to go to the respective office and get these documents, but some boards also provide them online, so students just need a computer with internet access! These simple forms can be filled out at home and downloaded from an official website (in pdf format) before being signed off for authenticity.
Online Migration Certificate Download
Downloading your Migration certificate from its website is a time-consuming process. We have provided the details of this procedure with step-by-step instructions to make it easier for you!
- The Office of the Council has taken a step in ensuring that each and every candidate will be issued with their Migrations certificate by decentralizing issuance.
- Many students who are a part of the ICSE board need to migrate their certificates in order for them to be classified as eligible and able enough for higher-level courses. The only way this can happen is through bulk ordering with the school heads, so they won’t have any trouble getting into other classes that require more rigorous educational standards.
- To get your migration certificate, you need to pay Rs.150 and then submit the payment online with the Board’s council. After they receive it, they will send out certificates on time via Registered Mail to every head of school that requests one for their students!
- Provide security to the students at school, and the School authority or management needs to keep this secured in a safe place.
- The high school heads responsible for giving out certificates should make sure they only give them to the successful candidates (those with passing grades).
- “The records office is where all the important information about people’s lives are kept. In it, you can find a record of successful distribution of migration certificates.”
FAQs on Migration Certificate –
After successfully completing your 12th exam and before you set off for higher education, it’s important to get a migration certificate from the school board. You can apply at any CBSE/ICSE affiliated school along with an attested copy of the mark sheet and student leaving certificate (or parents’ affidavit). Once they receive all three documents, these schools will send on your application by post or courier service within 2-3 weeks. Students mustn’t lose their original copies once they have got them signed since there are no reprints available if one gets lost during transit!
A migration certificate is a document provided by the School/College/University to students to get admissions into other institutions. The school or college officials are responsible for giving this important document along with necessary documents (like mark sheets, transfer certificates, character certificates, and more) to the students who need them in order to apply elsewhere without any objection.
To get admission into another educational institute, a migration certificate is mandatory.
A migration certificate is necessary when school students have passed their class 12th exam successfully, and he/she needs to get admission to college or university to seek graduation courses.
A school leaving certificate is required when a student is transferred to another school of the same board due to certain conditions. But a migration certificate is needed when students seek admission to another board.